Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 118: Exams Done!

Geez, has it really been that long since my last post? I couldn't help it; I was busy studying for exams. Well, they're finally all over with. They were brutal, even though I studied hard... I was told there's a big curve for exams, though, and it seems I'm on a pass/fail thing since this is study abroad.

I had my last exam yesterday, but I spent the afternoon cleaning my room in preparation for leaving. Gosh, I can't believe my semester is over. It felt like it went by so quickly, and yet it also seems like a long time. Today, I had lunch with Amy (my student buddy) and she helped vacuum my Space Bags since she won't be here when I check out on Saturday. She's going to Malaysia for a church thing. I had to withdraw a bunch of money so I can hire a taxi to the airport, where I plan to stay the night since my flight is at 6 AM Sunday.

Anyways, I spent the afternoon in Bugis, where I did some shopping around for souvenirs. I bought a Singapore T-shirt to take home. They ran awfully large; I usually wear a medium but I had to buy a small. I was tempted to buy the "Someone I Know Went to Singapore and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt" shirt, but they only ran in smalls, and I didn't want to buy an incorrect size for someone since I can't return it.

For dinner, I had probably the best beef noodle soup I've tried here. The beef and the noodles were tender and tasty, the meatballs were fantastic, and the broth was some of best I've ever had. The stall said something about the broth being made from beef bones and herbs and being left to simmer for four or five hours. Well, I think it paid off. And I normally don't like meatballs, but for some reason I can't get enough of the meatballs I've had here. I think it's the texture; they're firm and not crumbly like Western meatballs.

For dessert, I found a place that was selling chocolate lava cakes and ice cream. It was so yummy! Well worth the money, if I say so myself.

Tomorrow, I think I'll take one final trip to Sentosa Island. I think it's high time I went to Universal Studios Singapore. I still have almost 90 minutes left on the 16 GB memory card I bought for the camera, and I'd like to use it up before I go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment