Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 86: Birds of a Feather

My Saturday plans were once again ruined by rain. To be specific, it was the worst thunderstorm I've seen since coming here. Lots of rain, lots of lightning, and the hallways which have openings to outside got all wet. Fortunately, Sunday was nice and sunny, so I visited the Jurong Bird Park. They've got thousands of different birds there, from penguins to parrots to pigeons, and some of the exhibits even let you feed the birds for a small fee.

There are also a couple of bird shows, and I watched two of them. I wanted to attend the lunch with parrots, but it completely full... People probably reserve it long in advance. But the other shows were good. I drained the video camera's batteries dry filming all the exhibits, so I was trying badly to conserve power and only got a few of the shows' highlights. One of them featured parrots and hornbills soaring through the sky, a cockatoo that took (and returned) money from a volunteer, and a talkative yellow-naped Amazon that can sing songs in three languages. The other show focused on birds of prey and featured hawks, owls, and a bunch of vultures.

Both me and the camera were dead by the end of the day -- there was less than a minute left of battery power by the time I went home, and I started with a full charge. So there is a LOT of footage to look at!


No comments:

Post a Comment