Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 71: A Day Downtown

This is a pretty late entry, but I have homework to blame. I spent a Saturday wandering around Marina Bay and experiencing tourist attractions. I got tons and tons of footage, mostly from the Singapore Flyer. For those of you unaware, the Singapore Flyer is the world's largest Ferris wheel. I figured I'd be committing some sort of crime if I didn't ride it at least once while I was here. They even have meals and wine tasting in the Singapore Flyer, though I imagine you have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

There's plenty of views of the city from way high up since I got to go to the top floor of an outlook on the Marina Bay Sands resort If you recall my previous videos, that's the building with a boat-like structure on top. And I got to go on top of the boat to film the city. Since this happened during the day and I rode the Flyer at night, that means you get to see views of the city from high up in both cases! I also wandered around more shopping malls, watched a movie, and got to see a special light show. I was late to the light show because I got a bit mixed up while riding the MRT.

My one regret is that I spent quite a bit of money to do all this stuff. I probably dropped $S100+ for my tickets, food, etc. My credit card is getting use, but I hope I'm not leaving Mom and Dad with too big of a bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment